Hi world,

there is Ludum dare event this weekend! Although from last report my body was kept to work, my mind already flew to the LDJAM 🙂 After the jam I hope I will have some new game to write about. But now let’s get back to the report.

6 hours a day experiment

Last week I started the experiment with a six days a week working for six hours a day I wrote about in the last progress. This is strict limit and there is no exception (no less, no more working hours per day). It is a short time-frame to make some definitive assumptions. Anyway I can write some experience.

I am working for the six hours straight without the youtube/chats/web. Towards the end I am feeling a sense of urgency knowing that after six hours I have to stop and the rest of the job has to be done next day. To finish the tasks in the six hours schedule I started to do more planning in the evening. Also I enjoy the work more because it takes only fixed amount of time and I feel happier if I can finish everything I set up for that day.

I assume that most of the productivity now comes from a strict deadline which makes me to experience a little student syndrome everyday 🙂

CoShopping

This weeks work was shorter. Once the temperatures here went way below zero, I had an unplanned trip to check my grandmother’s house to prevent it from freezing.

During the week I kept on working on feedback I received for CoShopping. At some point I got fed up with Xamarin’s tools so much that I rewrote part of the GUI to the code instead of using their UI designer. Also with the programmer’s rage in mind I wrote a very negative comment on reddit discussion summarising my current experience with Xamarin’s technology. It was done with a hope that it will prevent somebody from loosing so much valuable time. I will also write a blogpost about my experience with Xamarin with some advices how to overcome the obstacles and what to choose or avoid if Xamarin is chosen. I am not feeling like an expert in Xamarin but a lot of teams are in same position trying to deliver their multi-platform apps and may use some of these experiences.

Anyway against all the circumstances, the CoShopping is almost done and I need only a few more days to finish it and publish as a beta so testers can come up with new bugs 🙂

Currently I am not implementing any new feature and I am working more on the UI design stuff, like recomposing the page for adding products, unifying the fonts and colours, etc. Also I am testing everything to make sure there is not “WTF, this was working!” when I will enjoy the new feedback 🙂

After this beta the app should be ready for release. It will be the first app released by myself on the AppStore. I already worked on one iOS app and a few Windows phone/Android apps before which were published. But the CoShopping will be the first iOS app published by myself 🙂

Summarised, the plan for next week is to publish the beta and update the website because it contains old app’s photos. Also the website should no longer states the beta-test since it will be going out. Rather it should be some marketing website translated to Slovak and Czech languages for marketing people that will come across.

That’s all for now and I am off and getting ready for LDJAM finally 🙂

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s